The backbone of this club is its volunteering, without it the club would not be able to operate many of the events that are taken for granted.
Volunteering is principally needed for:
Other opportunities are at:
- Great North Walks (GNW) - (Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday)
- Bay to Bay (B@B) - (Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday)
- Christmas Party, helping with the set up, the games, the fruit or the barbecue (cooking or shopping)
- Round the Bay in January, helping with drink stops, the refreshments at the end, shopping for these refreshments, timing of the event, organising gifts or prizes
- Whambie Whoppers Run in January (drink stops)
- Australia Day party, games, barbecue (if occur)
- Anzac Day run with food, barbecue, shopping etc (if occurs)
- Ad hoc barbecues – cooking and shopping, picking up the barbecue and taking it back
- Time trial volunteering with marshals or timing
- Monthly cake ordering and collection, and taking back the trays
- Ad hoc drink stops on hot Saturdays
- Helping organise and set up for the Trotter of the Year presentation
- Helping set up for the AGM
- Assist with the uniform sales
- Assist with the annual Doctors Run
- Help with the Relay for Life at Mingara
- Assist with the trail runs on a Sunday
- Assist with Girrakool to Patonga run with the barbecue or the food shopping
- Organise buses for trail runs or City to Surf
- Organise parking for the City to Surf, and the barbecue food – cooking and shopping
These are just a few events that require volunteers, this isn’t a comprehensive list.
If you see a call out for volunteers being needed please put up your hand, the club genuinely needs you to help.
If you are injured, please still come along on a Saturday and assist with the set up or the putting away of equipment.
If you are free on a Sunday when there is a trail run your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU, PLEASE STEP UP TO HELP.